Focus and Scope
Comptes Rendus Physique is a peer-reviewed, open access, electronic diamond journal that publishes mainly special issues in all fields of physics and astrophysics.
Thanks to this formula, the readers physicists and astrophysicists find, in each issue, the presentation of a subject in particularly fast development. The authors are chosen among the most active researchers in the field and the coordination of each dossier is ensured by a guest editor, guaranteeing the consideration of the most recent and significant results. In order to preserve the historical vocation of the Comptes Rendus, these issues also leave room for the usual articles and updates.
The articles are written primarily in English.
Peer Review Process
Comptes Rendus Physique follows a strict and transparent peer review policy, in a single blind process, in order to ensure the excellence of its contents:
- All manuscripts submitted to Comptes Rendus Physique are first evaluated by the associate editor in charge of the submission, to verify that they meet the general criteria of the journal;
- Once this first step is completed, the editor initiates the peer review process and assigns experts.
Articles published in Comptes Rendus Physique are available on a free, immediate and permanent basis, also known as Diamond Open Access:
- Submission and publication: no submission or publication fees (Article Processing Charge or APC) are charged to authors or their institutions for the submission and publication of their article;
- Consultation and download: no subscription fees are charged to consult the full text of articles online, nor is any financial contribution required to download articles.
Reuse of articles
The articles in Comptes Rendus Physique are published under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0), which allows readers of the journal to:
- share, copy, distribute and communicate the articles in their PDF version, immediately, by any means and in any format;
- adapt, remix, transform and create from the articles for any use, including commercial use;
- provided that the original article is credited (using the proposed citation that accompanies each article and mentions, in particular, its authors and DOI), that a link to the original license is included, and that any modifications made to the article are indicated.